Monday, November 28, 2011

Clueless caller...

Clueless Caller:  Yeah, I was at home the other day and I noticed that my vision got a little blurry but then went away.  Yesterday I was reading a book and all of a sudden I could not make out any of the words, not from blurry vision, but I just couldn't put them together in my head right.  I take blah,blah,blah, and blah blah blah, metformin but I am not diabetic, and blah, blah blah...Today I woke up and I have been really shaky.  I have not been eating well for the past couple of days because I have IBS that was diagnosed a few days ago so I haven't really had an appetite. (yes, all of this was said before I could ask her what I could help her with.) 

Me:  Why are you on Metformin if your not diabetic?

Clueless Caller:  Oh, well, because I am close but not really a diabetic.

Me: OK, what have your blood sugars been running at home?  Do you check your blood sugar?

Clueless Caller:  Well, no because they are always good.  Should I come in and be seen?

Me:  Well if you are having blurry vision, shakiness and changes in your vision, you should probably have someone else drive you.

Clueless Caller:  Oh no I'll just go ahead and drive myself.


These are the people who are in traffic with you...

No comments: