Thursday, November 17, 2011

well child exams

I work primarily with pediatric patients and I enjoy it.  I can also work with adults but I prefer not to for many, many reasons that I am sure you will eventually come to understand.  I enjoy working with the pediatric population for a variety of reasons but the number one reason is that they don't bullshit you.  If a child is sick (with the exception of a few) they will show you by their assessment findings or parent history.  If they are not sick, it is determined by the same methods.  That being said...the emergency room doc cannot fix "congestion since birth" in a 6 month old child who is currently cooing and babbling with a fabulous assessment. Don't get me wrong, I work with fantastic emergency room doctors and they are good, just not miracle workers. 

No comments: