Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ped fever

As I have stated before, I absolutely love working pediatrics.  Not so much working with their families though.  I am sure everyone has had the parent who is hysterical because their child has a fever.  I recently had a grandparent who was just on the edge of being ridiculous.  2 month old with fever as the only symptom so of course I had to do the fever workup which includes IV and blood work.  Grandma looks me in the eye and tells me that I got one chance to get the IV and that is it.  She was completely serious and I had the feeling she was gonna go all exorcist on me if I had not succeeded.  Of course I got the stuff done to her satisfaction but I gotta tell you that it is nerve racking to have someone stand over you and tell you how to do your job.  I don't remember her from school...

No comments: